Arizona Restaurant Week is this week (Sept 17-25th). If you were planning on participating anyway, you might want to visit a restaurant at an SPG property to combine a nice three-course dinner for two + a hit in the US Airways Grand Slam promo. According to the terms and conditions, the minimum miles for a hit at a hotel is 200 miles. Gold/platinum members receive 3 SPG pts or 3 miles per dollar spent at SPG hotels, so they only have to spend $67 before tax/tip to get a hit (the equivalent of two people dining during Restaurant Week). Preferred members get 2 pts or 2 miles per dollar, so they have to spend a minimum of $100 to get a hit.
Now, in order to receive miles for your dinner instead of SPG points, you have to set up your SPG account to direct deposit to US Dividend miles before your visit. Then simply fax your receipt with your SPG number on it to 519-633-8557 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org to get credit for your dine. FYI – when you set up the auto direct deposit feature, SPG AmEx points will not direct deposit, only points from hotel stays and incidentals.
Here are the restaurants I saw from the participating list that are at SPG properties, along with price per person.
- deseo at The Westin Kierland Resort and Spa – $40 each
- Sushi Roku at W Scottsdale – $30 each, includes one specialty cocktail
- Ko’Sin Restaurant at The Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa – $40 each
- Il Terrazzo at The Phoenician – $40 each
- J&G Steakhouse at the Phoenician – $30 each
- Province at the Westin Phoenix Downtown – $30 each
- District American Kitchen & Wine Bar at Sheraton Phoenix Downtown hotel – $30 each, includes one glass of wine
Tony is a Gold SPG member, so we may hit up J&G Steakhouse for date night this week. I’ve read great reviews of J&G, and they have salmon on their Restaurant Week menu so I’m sold.