I just got off the phone! I was instantly approved for the United Mileage Plus Visa, and all it took was about 20 minutes of my time. After spending $250, I will be 50,000 United miles richer!!!!!
I got Tony to call and sign up too, and he was also instantly approved. I’m thinking a European or South American vacation will be in order next year (already have big travel plans for this year!). I can hardly wait!!
Here’s the deal:
Chase is offering 50,000 United miles as a signup bonus (after spending $250) for a Mileage Plus Visa. 50K for $250 spend is about as good as it gets!! The $60 annual fee is waived the first year. After the first year, you can just call and cancel the card to avoid the annual fee.
Here is the link for the terms and conditions.
Here is the 2010 United Mileage Plus Saver Chart. Domestic Saver Awards (within the coninental US) are 25K. Standard Awards are 50K.
You can also redeem your United miles on any of the Star Alliance member airlines. Participating star alliance members include:
Air New Zealand
LOT Polish Airlines
From the chart, you can see that for an extra 5,000 miles, you could fly to Europe or South America. For an extra 15,000 miles, you could fly to Japan or Southeast Asia. You can always purchase additional miles here (although there are usually promotions to acquire miles at a better rate).
TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO SIGN UP FOR THIS OFFER. You must call, as there is no way to sign up online, and you must have your United Miles # on hand to give to the agent. Existing United Mileage Plus Visa cardholders are NOT eligible for this bonus offer.
If you want to sign up for the Chase 50K UA MP Visa, then do the following EXACTLY:
- Call 1-800-421-4655 and choose RESERVATIONS. No other option will work.
- If you say “AGENT”, the computer will connect you to a Reservations Agent.
- When connected with a Reservations Agent, say “Hello, I’m trying to apply for the Chase Mileage Plus visa that offers 50,000 miles with the first purchase. Can you transfer me to a Chase representative please?”
- They will transfer you promptly. Then you give all your information over the phone. They read you the Ts and Cs (terms and conditions), which takes forever, then they submit your application. It will take less than 30 seconds after they submit for them to tell you if you’ve been approved.
- Upon approval, you will receive the credit card at your mailing address within 2 weeks.
Remember, your credit is one of your most valuable assets! With good credit, you can take advantage of excellent offers like this. I’ve applied (and been approved) for well over 30 credit cards now, and I still had an 800 credit score rating as of last July. The affect on your credit score per credit card application is a minimal 2-5 points. Of course, I did hold off on applying for new cards about a year prior to buying my house last year (allowing my score to rise back up to the 800s!), but I was churning credit cards for years before that and still maintained a mid-700s score.