Comments

Here’s a Riddle…

Question: What’s better than getting a new pair of shoes?

Answer: Getting a brand new pair of shoes for FREE!!

Meet my fabulous new pair of White House Black Market $98 super sexy peep toe heels. Droooooooooooooool.

So I was scooting around on Craigslist about a week ago, and I came across a listing for free high heels. The thing is, I NEVER check the free category on Craigslist, but I’ve been clearing my garage of all my old roommate’s stuff (yes I’m finally getting around to throwing out/giving away the EVIL roommate’s belongings that have been cluttering my garage). I was going to post them on Craigslist for free, but I ended up just giving them away on Freecycle.

I guess it was goodkarma, because had I never been giving away things, then I would never have run across the listing.

We won’t mention that I had to meet a complete stranger in a super sketchy Walmart parking lot to pick them up. I like to live on the edge :)

And G., if you happen to read this, thank you for bringing some joy into this overworked, super exhausted shoe-loving girls heart :)

6 Responses to “Here’s a Riddle…”

Two words: YOU STINK!

Oh Hannah, my dear, I’m so glad you’re happy for your sister! Just think, I now have a new pair of shoes for you to try on the next time you’re over.

Wow, I’ve been so broke…I can’t remember the last time I bought a new pair of shoes, other than my sneakers.

Geez.

Time to go on a shoe shopping spree come January!

Jipped

I feel jipped (if thats even a word), but I was promised a riddle and here you go on about some used shoes you got a wall mart! BTW if your giving away your roomates things for free I could use a bike :)

Killer

And come on its not like someone is going to shot you to go pick up a pair of shoes from criegslist!

O wait Never Mind,

Re: Killer

I’m well aware of the implications of meeting anyone off the internet. I think the same principles apply to buying (or getting things for free) off Craigslist as internet dating – you could easily get killed/raped by someone you meet on an online dating site. And 99% of my dates in the past two years have been from online.

This isn’t meant to scare anyone. In fact, I’ve had nothing but positive experiences doing both, and I wouldn’t do it any other way. The fact is, unless you want to meet people in bars (who, in all reality could be equally sketchy), you have to resort to internet dating. It’s become the norm for our generation. Same goes with buying/selling things online.

Jacob, you yourself wouldn’t have met Lisa without online dating. She could have been an axe murderer for all you know. But through some screening, I’m sure you were able to tell she wasn’t. There’s still that chance though of becoming a statistic…

I also think that I do have the experience and the savvy to not put myself in danger in either of these situations. You’re going to have creeps anywhere, you just have to be smart and use good judgement to stay away from them. I won’t meet ANYONE in person unless I know enough about them (either through online research or talking with them) to feel comfortable doing so.

Just my $0.02.

Re: Killer

O come on you know I am joking! No need to tell me this! Half the stuff I owns comes from criegslist and I have only had success using online dating. Buying girls glasses or water just doesnt work!

So I’ll take your $0.02 and put it in my account :) Anytime you want :)